Re: [teacherartexchange] more art to share - extend/transform paintings

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 08:30:14 PDT

was thinking of what susan and cindy said about
adapting the lesson and thought of "oh!" by josse
goffin (she also did "ah!"). amazon doesn't have a
look inside feature for them, unfortunately, but the
way they work is that you see a picture on one page, a
fish, for example, and then you unfold the page and
see a new picture - a duck, whose tailfeathers are the
fish's tail fin. its a really fun book, the
illustrations are simple pastels, and i think a
similar approach could be used with the
extend/transform. also, thanks cindy for the magritte
connection - perfect!!!

here is one of goffin's illustrations, to give you an
idea: http://www.cclj.be/coffret/img/875-46.gif

:D wendy

ps our advanced art final project is inspired by all
the crayon ideas: we're going to do a mixed media
mandala collage with ironed crayon shavings, glue gun
crayons, colored bubble pops, and all sorts of other
craziness. am so excited to start!

 wendy
www.wendypaigefree.com