[teacherartexchange] more art to share - extend/transform paintings

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 20 2006 - 20:52:41 PDT

i've been dazzled by everyone's end of the year art
shows! thank you all so much for sharing. we just
finished a project i tried for the first time this
year: students chose a 2d piece that they liked,
either from old art magazines or printed from the
internet, completed a written analysis/planning sheet,
then cut out and pasted the actual piece into their
composition-to-be, invented its opposite (color,
meaning, mood, style, media, setting...), and tried to
unify it all by making the original "fit" or "blend"
with its "alterego". i'm not sure what the copyright
issues would be with this... i was wowed by the
thought that went into the process, though! here's
some of our work - its the top project.

http://www.wendypaigefree.com/ehsartwork.html

btw, does anyone know of any other artists who do
this? the work of sophie matisse, henri's great
grandaughter, helped spark my idea for this project.
info:
http://www.artnet.com/magazine/reviews/wong/wong3-4-02.asp

:D wendy