[teacherartexchange] art show on line

---------

From: hollingsworth005 (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 19:53:48 PDT

Hi all,
     WHew! Last Friday of the school year is over. I dressed up today- fancy
skirt ,camisole, short little jacket-the works. As I was walking in,
everybody commented because the art teacher doesn't usually wear fancy duds.
Dumb me, I said, well nobody is doing anything messy today so I think its
safe. I forgot that during the 2nd grade class when we were looking at
everyone's digital portfolio, I had one last clay project that my two
special students were going to glaze. They came in late with their shadow
and I was in hurry to get them started so I grabbed the jar of purple glaze
and started to shake it and I still don't know what happened. The lid didn't
come all the way off-but the glaze somehow shot out the side- all over my
head, neck shoulders, ears, earrings, etc.. the floor and the table. The
kids just gasped and poor Richard who is a screamer started screaming. I had
3 little girls trying to wipe me down with paper towels and I just had to
put my whole jacket in the sink. The class was great- they wiped up the
floor and table and one little guy bravely took over the airliner and
started showing the next portfolio. It was actually pretty funny. The kids
said, you told us to always hold the lid! I should have let them take a
picture of me but I was dripping too much. I say all that to say this,,( a
favorite phrase of one of my administrators) The year is almost over!! I was
inspired by someone on the list to do an online artshow on my web page. I
became very ambitious and decided to have all the students in the school
posted ( the ones that have permission) Last week we "opened" and I sent an
email announcement to all the schools and teachers in our district (only 5
schools) and then sent flyers home with the students. So far, we have had
some really positive comments. I hoped the parents would send some specific
comments that I could share with the students since they were so excited it.
Here is the link if you would like to visit. Enjoy! Jeryl in SC
http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art/art.htm