Re:[teacherartexchange] teaching grades k-12

---------

From: Miriam Tobola (Miriam.Tobola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 11:32:21 PDT

Just a note from someone who has taught k-12 art for the past 8
years...it's awesome! Yes, it takes quite a bit of planning but it you
plan ahead and keep yourself organized there are tons of rewards!

Currently my schedule is 3 HS electives, one HS required, one MS required
and one elem. every day. The elementary are split so that every class get
to have art one period every other week for one semester. It's not much,
but it's the best we can do at this time.

I love being able to build skills from one year to the next all the way
through. It's such a joy to watch how the kids develop every year. And I
get to know the kids so well over the years. Each year at graduation I
feel like these are my own children going out into the world!

Miriam Tobola
K-12 Art
Northern Cass School
Hunter, North Dakota