Re: [teacherartexchange] color mixing

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 15:13:35 PDT

I get this all the time as well - it is SO frustrating! Since I know I have
pounded it into their brains for years I know they should know the basics.
We mix colors, we line up sometimes by color tables, sometimes by clothing
("if you are wearing the color that blue and yellow mixed together make, you
may line up"). We fill out color wheels and talk about how to use it as a
tool. I have decided that some students would rather just ask than try to
think. I'll bet if you ask their classroom teacher, they play this game with
them as well.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids