Re: [teacherartexchange] grease on art

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 12:13:53 PDT

Not sure what the art is--maybe drawing?? Anyway, I don't think the grease
spot can be removed successfully so how about try applying a little oil to
the entire piece from the back??? It will become sort of transparent--maybe
you could put it over something--color?? You'd have to have the artist be
a co-conspirator in this. And it might just finish it off.

>>> mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com 5/18/2006 8:40 am >>>
Eek! I hope it's not totally ruined. It may be too late for this
remedy, but try sprinkling on an absorbent powder like baking soda or
even (fresh) kitty litter and leaving it a while and see if that will
minimize some of the grease. You might also try pressing the spot with
an absorbent paper towel (NOT rubbing), changing the portion of the
paper towel each time you press down. Papers are pretty sensitive and
there's little you can do to fix them once damaged. I feel for you AND
the student!

Maggie