I haven't followed this thread (stupid standardized testing!!!) but
cornstarch might work, too.
On 5/18/06, Maggie White <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Eek! I hope it's not totally ruined. It may be too late for this
> remedy, but try sprinkling on an absorbent powder like baking soda or
> even (fresh) kitty litter and leaving it a while and see if that will
> minimize some of the grease. You might also try pressing the spot with
> an absorbent paper towel (NOT rubbing), changing the portion of the
> paper towel each time you press down. Papers are pretty sensitive and
> there's little you can do to fix them once damaged. I feel for you AND
> the student!
> email@example.com wrote:
> >Grease on art! Help! I picked the "one piece of art to be framed" for this year,
> >laid it in the center of my desk for safety's sake....and while I was at another
> >building, some student left a gift for me: a brownie on a napkin right on top of
> >the artwork! The rich butteriness leached through the napkin and into the
> >artwork! I think it is just a loss. I think there is nothing I can do. But.... maybe
> >you have a great idea to solve remove this grease spot?
> To unsubscribe go to
> http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html >