Re:[teacherartexchange] teaching grades k-12

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 07:27:27 PDT

I teach K-12 for a small charter school and it really is a toss up - on one
hand, I go from Middle Schoolers to Kindergarteners in 2 seconds... and back
again. It is the hardest thing about my job, changing gears. It also makes
it hard to really go into certain things in depth, because the room has to
meet the needs of such a wide range of students.

but, on the other hand - it is never dull.

Sometimes I think I would love to just have one age group to really
developed myself and my projects to that age group, problem is, I could not
tell you which age group I'd prefer.

Today it would be my upper elementary (3-6), other days it would be the high
schoolers. For today I do not have to decide, but it would be a hard
choice.

One thing I really do enjoy doing, after a particularly challenging
roject - is to give my Middle Schoolers a kindergarten projects - THEY LOVE
IT! Sometime I try out new stuff on them first, if they can handle it - I do
it with the K-3 group!!!!!