Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] color theory

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 06:10:07 PDT

Grey has a lot of color in it especially if it was created by mixing
When a color is placed next to grey the color pops and brings out the
of color within the grey. Grey is a powerful color. I believe having
create a colorwheel of neutrals/greys using complements is worthwhile.
Then grey is indeed "on the colorwheel".

On May 18, 2006, at 3:15 AM, Randy Menninghaus wrote:

> I teach high school art. A student rushed up to me yesterday and
> asked
> "What is the opposite color of grey.?" I said I couldn't answer that
> because grey was not on the color wheel. Acting a bit impatient she
> repeated the same question a bit louder. so I replied "What ever
> color you
> like" was my final answer.
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to