Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Looking for books on Contemporary Art

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 06:17:14 PDT

I need some ideas (books) for explaining very modern abstract
contemporary art to museum
docents. Something not too dense or complex would be best. Also if
anyone could suggest
a novel which hits the topic I would appreciate that as well. We need
reading material to
fit in with contemporary exhibits next year. As of yet I don't know
the specific artists in the
exhibits. We have a number of "older" docents who are resistant to
more contemporary
abstract work.
                                                                Thanks, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque