Re: [teacherartexchange] Digital Camera quetions

---------

From: lia johnson (johnsolia_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 20:58:36 PDT

Michal....I used a Sony Mavica for a long time...then once I went on a
trip..and it did this...what you describe...disk format error...though
I can't tell you the exact number. I took it to the shop where I was
visiting down south...and they said it was broken...and would take
about that much to fix. They did offer to buy it from me for very
little money...I declined. So I took no pictures on the trip. I got
home with my broken camera and started doing research to replace it
like you are. It was afterall broken. No disks worked...etc. After
almost buying a new camera...On a fluke I tried it again at home and
it worked. It still works today though I have since purchased a new
camera...also a Cannon....which I am happy with. I use the Sony in my
classroom regularly. I thought I would mention this unexplained
event....as it was quite strange. I don't know why it
happened....change in humidity? Who knows? Keep an eye on your
camera! lia