Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Digital Camera quetions

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 20:02:57 PDT

        I was really happy with my Canon G2 but I upgraded to a better
Canon. I gave the G2
to my son to replace his Mavica. But you need advice about a camera
for the classroom.
I'm not much help there, but I do have a web site you could use to
explore various cameras,
their features and where you can get the best prices.
About the G2:
About my new Powershot:
Go to the main page:
and browse through "Reviews"
More than you ever needed to know about any camera.

On May 14, 2006, at 8:29 PM, M. Austin wrote:

> The first e-mail didn't go through, and I copied the wrong e-mail
> the second time - please disregard the other e-mail on this topic.
> First - I have a Sony Mavica which is giving me a C:13:01 Disk
> Format error message. It gives this message no matter what disk I
> use - new, used, reformatted. Anyone else have this problem and
> know how to fix it? The camera is just a little over a year old,
> and according to the Sony website it is a flat $181 to fix it, with
> no guarantees it is fixable.
> Second - if the camera is not cheaply fixable I will NOT replace it
> with a similar camera. For the amount of money I paid for it, the
> lifespan it lasted - it just really doesn't take that great of
> pictures (great for web, not so for printing). Plus the fact that
> we are purchasing more and more computers in our district that do
> not have a 3 1/2" floppy drive. Anyone have recommendations for a
> camera costing between $200-$300? And how long have you had it? I'd
> really like to hear from people who have had their camera for well
> over a year and are still happy with it.
> ~Michal
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to