[teacherartexchange] Digital Camera quetions

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 19:29:17 PDT

The first e-mail didn't go through, and I copied the wrong e-mail the second
time - please disregard the other e-mail on this topic.

First - I have a Sony Mavica which is giving me a C:13:01 Disk Format error
message. It gives this message no matter what disk I use - new, used,
reformatted. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? The
camera is just a little over a year old, and according to the Sony website
it is a flat $181 to fix it, with no guarantees it is fixable.

Second - if the camera is not cheaply fixable I will NOT replace it with a
similar camera. For the amount of money I paid for it, the lifespan it
lasted - it just really doesn't take that great of pictures (great for web,
not so for printing). Plus the fact that we are purchasing more and more
computers in our district that do not have a 3 1/2" floppy drive. Anyone
have recommendations for a camera costing between $200-$300? And how long
have you had it? I'd really like to hear from people who have had their
camera for well over a year and are still happy with it.

~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids