Re: [teacherartexchange] What would you do?

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 16:45:01 PDT

Stacie, I haven't read the other replies yet, but
THANK YOU for sharing this - oh my gosh my kids have
been appalling at the end of this semester, and it
made me feel SO MUCH better! I did masks a month or so
ago and thought it would never end. HALF of my 7th
hour is being retained (seriously) so they have
totally quit. Even my hand-picked Art II has kids that
are doing absolutlely nothing but gazing at the
pictures of Marilan Manson (sp?) on their notebook
covers.

What would I do? I think they would come to class the
next morning and find all of the paper mache materials
totally and completely put away and a textbook on each
desk. Sometimes I tell them I can do my job right out
of the textbook, or we can do it by making stuff.
Their choice.