[teacherartexchange] DADA Interactive - plus Styrofoam sculpture idea (Arp's painted wood relief sculptures)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 10:38:11 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a new-to-me Interactive from the National Gallery of Art - DADA:
http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2006/dada/cities/index.shtm

Site is organized by cities, features noted art works - has
biographies, techniques and slogans. "This exhibition traces the
history of Dada from its earliest days in Zurich and New York through
its appearance in postwar Paris."

In browsing the work of Hans (Jean) Arp, I found an idea for Styrofoam
sculpture......

If you had some hot wires, students could make painted relief
sculptures inspired by Jean Hans Arp - cutting organic/biomorphic
shapes - painting and assembling. Use hot wires outside as fumes from
Styrofoam are toxic.

See more online presentations from the National Gallery:
http://www.nga.gov/onlinetours/index.shtm

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department