RE:[teacherartexchange] What would you do?

---------

From: Heather Hayes (heatherglenn77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 05:11:55 PDT

>At this time of year, a project I have been doing generally with success is
>take the kids outside 2 or 3 sessions to draw something from the school,
>then back to class where they paint it.

Oh, how I *wish* we had something that interesting near my school for the
kiddos to draw. My school is pretty new, and the developers of the school
and the neighborhoods nearby bulldozed everything around us. We're in the
middle of flat fields with only the occasional newly planted tree -
basically nothing very interesting to draw. I'm planning to take one class
outside today to draw. Who knows...they may surprise me and find something
I've overlooked. They often do.

Heather in TX