RE: [teacherartexchange] Need an idea for Styrofoam!

---------

From: Alejandra Clerici Arias (eltallerdearte_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 04:35:46 PDT

Carolyn,

styrofoam is great to put it toguether with masking tape and then cover it
with glue and paper so as to work with a "carta pesta".
Later you can paint it. It is easier because you have the paper on top of
the styrofoam.

As it is not easy to cut this material for the students (I don't like them
to work with cutters) perheps you can, beforehand, cut different siezes of
styrofoam. Then you can work with cubist portraits based on Picasso's
sculptures. They look great.

Regards,

Alejandra
from Argentina