Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Aesthetic Issue - Valuing Art - Christie Auction (Warhol)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 09:02:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know many of you like to use current events with your students.

Check out the New York Times article on recent Christie's Auction:
Warhol and Judd Soar in $143 Million Art Sale
You will need to subscribe to get the article (subscription is free)

Here is a better image of Warhol's soup can that went for $11.7 million

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to