[teacherartexchange] Aesthetic Issue - Valuing Art - Christie Auction (Warhol)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 09:02:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know many of you like to use current events with your students.

Check out the New York Times article on recent Christie's Auction:
Warhol and Judd Soar in $143 Million Art Sale
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/10/arts/design/10auction.html?th&emc=th
You will need to subscribe to get the article (subscription is free)

Here is a better image of Warhol's soup can that went for $11.7 million
http://www.christies.com/promos/may06/1658/overview.asp

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department