[teacherartexchange] what happens when you get pulled from the art room

---------

From: hollingsworth005 (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 15:25:36 PDT

Hi All,
    Funny story for you-this week I have to be out of my room all morning to
adminster standardized testing and the speech clinician has to do my art
classes. Plus the schedules are flip flopped so all the young classes come
in the morning. She is really doing a great job for me- its bag day and all
the little ones are getting to take home their art from this semester in a
brown grocery bag. So the speech teacher is taking a digital photo of each
student with their artwork and doing the audio clip that I put in their
portfolios. Yesterday was her first day and she didn't have the microphone
all the way pllugged in and didn't get the first 19 kids. So she went in the
afternoon (on her time) to do all of them correctly for me. So today she
thinks will be better. While she is doing photos and audios- they are
decorating their bags with markers , crayons etc.... I neglected to put the
2 big boxes of brand new chalk (that the 4th graders are using in the
afternoon) out of reach. You guessed it. The little darlings got the chalk
out and drew all over their bags. My first clue was when I came back into my
room before lunch and there was chalk ground into the floor and smeared all
over and the poor janitor was cleaning it up. Next I went to the lunchroom
and that class had chalk all over their clothes, faces and arms ( they
didn't wear art shirts!) Afterschool when we were doing dismissal I looked
at the P.E. coach and he had chalk all over his shorts which was rubbing off
from their bags.Yikes- the poor speech person didn't even notice until she
said it looked too late to get it gathered back up! Oh well, only 4 more
days of testing!
           Jeryl in SC