Re: [teacherartexchange] Uffizi question

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 09 2006 - 05:02:31 PDT

Thanks guys, yes, I intend to have advance tickets for
the Colosseum/Palatine, the Vatican Museum/Sistine -
via the Vatican website and faxing, my friends have
applied for the Papal Audience but haven't heard yet.
We will also have advance tickets for our side trip to
Giotto's Scrovegni Chapel in Padua. This summer,
reservations to the Scrovegni chapel have the option
of staying in the chapel twice as long, so I've
planned around that of course! I think I won't need to
worry about getting in to see most of the sites in
Ravenna.

So, ok, I will try to arrange at least two shots at
the Uffizi. They will be also having an exhibit about
Leonardo Da Vinci, but his drawings were only going to
be there until May, so I don't know what the rest will
be - some scale models of his inventions, etc.

Thanks for the websites too. I will look at them all.
I'm finding that some travel services sell tickets for
sites that are actually free, so I'm being pretty
cautious. Fortunately I found the actual Italian
tourist board website which sends one to their
preferred ticket vendor.

Betty