Re: [teacherartexchange] Uffizi question

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 15:17:23 PDT

I spent 3 days in the Uffizi, not consecutive. I needed to walk around
the botanical gardens and other outdoor areas between gallery visits.
There is so much to see and so much art history is condensed in the
various rooms of the Uffizi. Just being in front of the Michaelangelo's
is a time stopping experience. Giotto's work also stopped me in my
tracks. A huge room of Boticelli's and so on. If you can, plan to go
back a few times, it is so overwhelming, and can be emotionally taxing,
at least it was for me.