Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] acrylic paint question

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 12:10:05 PDT

Of course you can water them down, but you might consider buying gallons
of acrylic latex paint for them.
At lease cover them with flat white--you can get a gallon for about $7
at Walmart or similar stores. With the base coat your watery acrylics
would look ok.

>>> 5/6/2006 6:19 pm >>>
Hey everyone,

I am just finishing up a very labor intensive project
consisting of making papier mache monsters. Some of
the creations are quite large. After the layer of
newspaper and glue, we used a layer of cloth and glue
to give the appearance of wrinkled skin. Our next step
is acrylic paint. I want to get the most out of the
acrylics I have purchased and am curious if it is
possible to water down the acrylics to make them go a
longer way.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Laurie Reber
Chandler, AZ