Re: [teacherartexchange] Old crayons

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 07:04:05 PDT

I did this using my jello molds. Since the molds are plastic I put them in a
pan of ice water, then poured the melted wax in. The students love them
because of their odd sizes and shapes. I'm glad you brought this up, because
I have a box of them I made last summer that I need to pull out for end of
the year use.

Another fun idea that older students love is to use a hot plate covered in
aluminum foil to draw on with crayons. The crayons melt onto the foil, and
when the student has finished their design they place paper on the wax and
pull a monoprint. The hot plate doesn't get hot enough to burn, and I have
picked up several for a dollar or two at yard sales.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids