Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] acrylic paint question

From: Laurie Reber (lareb18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 18:19:36 PDT

Hey everyone,

I am just finishing up a very labor intensive project
consisting of making papier mache monsters. Some of
the creations are quite large. After the layer of
newspaper and glue, we used a layer of cloth and glue
to give the appearance of wrinkled skin. Our next step
is acrylic paint. I want to get the most out of the
acrylics I have purchased and am curious if it is
possible to water down the acrylics to make them go a
longer way.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Laurie Reber
Chandler, AZ