Re: [teacherartexchange] Old crayons

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 08:23:59 PDT

> From: "M. Austin" <whest177@wheatstate.com>
> I use them for crayon rubbings. I have one wall that has texture, another
> that is smooth. If the weather is nice we go outside and have "texture"
> hunts. I also purchased several texture plates. The students love to do
> texture rubbings! :-)
> ~Michal
*************************

I've done this however I, silly me, used the classroom walls, baskets, etc.
for the textures for a frottage project and my kids got waxed crayon on
EVERYTHING...soooooooooo...I bought texture plates which are wonderful.

My last project with frottage was using diff. col. construction paper with
crayon rubbings, kids cut them up in little squares, and we made quilt
designs. Getting my 6th graders to cut equal squares was somewhat daunting
for them so the next time around I gave them each a tagboard square for
tracing their squares.

This also works good for paper weavings and adding bits of fibers and
ribbons into the weavings as well....Bunki