[teacherartexchange] your own sketchbook

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 12:14:06 PDT

I'm making a sketchbook for my summer trip to Italy
(one backpack and purse), and it will be an assortment
of toned Canson Mi Tients and Fabriano, and some
Arches 88 and Indian Village Handmade from Daniel
Smith (which I love) for watercolor.

I ve decided against taking my travel watercolor pack
in favor of a select few Aqua Monolith (no wood)
watercolor pencils and a sharpener.

So now for the book. It is starting to occur to me
that I might be happier with a packet of loose sheets
and a small clipboard, so I can carry just a few
sheets out with me every day, and bind them together
when I get home. I might make the clipboard out of
bookbinding board, or a piece of shina plywood which
is very light and strong. I could bring a big rubber
band for the bottom

Have any of you ever tried the "loose sheets &
clipboard" thing on your travels??