Re: [teacherartexchange] Old crayons

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 07:55:10 PDT

Yes! That sounds fascinating!

You can shave the old crayons and put the shavings between pieces of
wax paper and iron them (do this before hand) and then have the
students cut shapes out of them for mobiles or suncatchers. This is
best for younger kids, but I've found that middle schoolers love the
swirly, translucent patterns, too.