RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: May 01, 2006

---------

From: clarkda (clarkda_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 04:44:49 PDT

Dysgraphia

Again, in regards to dysgraphia, when teaching my son (who is presently a
senior at OSU in Ohio, in architecture) art at high school level, ---I
required very disciplined drawings, with all the rules and tools, etc, to
teach him perspective (when he was in high school). He is 26 now and is
carrying way over a 3.0 in college. Teach it!!! Teach it!!! They are
bright and they want to learn!!!
They don't want it dumbed down. They want it the way everyone else is
getting it. You'll be pleasantly surprised at what they CAN do. He got
the technological help later. Now, he makes 3D models, hand drawings, AND
computer aided designs. BUT, the technology came later, in college, AFTER
he had learned the real deal. TEACH IT.

Donna in Ohio