Re: [teacherartexchange] 10 minute lesson plan for an interview

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 05:35:39 PDT

>Greetings!
>
>I have a question that I was hoping that someone on
>the list might be able to help me with. . . obviously don't teach 10
>minute lessons. . .
>
>Chris in Central Arkansas

Chris,
These are web pages that provide short beginning of class art learning rituals that any art teacher can teach successfully. If you have not seen them, I believe they will solve your problem. They each teach an art ability, so that students gain confidence for their project without seeing an art example. Because of creativity and copy work concerns, I stopped showing examples at the beginning of lessons, but my end of class rituals use art history examples. These art history lessons are also about 5 or 10 minutes.

Read this page first:
http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/ritual.html

Then see this page for a list of example rituals:
http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/d-list.html

One of the rituals explained:
http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/Bird.html

This lesson has a 10 minute art history lesson used at the end of drawing lesson.
http://www.goshen.edu/~marvinpb/lessons/rabbit.html

This is a recent page that has 12 creative ways for students to develop their own ideas for their art project without researching or copying other artists work. What if you present the idea generation portion of the lesson as a 10 minute lesson that teaches more than any elaborate final product art project? Teaching creative thinking habits may be something unique that art teachers can offer that other teachers neglect.
http://www.bartelart.com/arted/ideas.html

Best wishes in your interview and your next job. Each interview and each new job is a chance to create a new and better identity for yourself.

Marvin Bartel
Dr. Marvin Bartel, Ed.D., Professor of Art Emeritus
studio phone: 574-533-0171??
http://www.bartelart.com