Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 30, 2006

---------

From: Annette Frank (anetfrank_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 03:06:51 PDT

10 Minute lesson for Chris

You could fold a paper crane in 10 minutes and while you are folding
you can explain why you do the lesson. Have the Ed Young book there,
have several finished cranes done with interesting papers. You can
explain that of course you could not do it in 10 minutes in a classroom
because you need to keep every kid on pace with every step, but make
the point that it's a great opportunity for peer coaching (I walk
around and at each table demo a tricky step or find the kid who got it
right and say "make sure theirs look like yours"). When you're done you
could give each person on the interview committee a crane to remember
you.

Annette in Dearborn