[teacherartexchange] Altered Books Project Extension - Story Box (Altered boxes)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 07:36:47 PDT

Greetings Altered Book Enthusiasts,

This site was posted to the ABC Yahoo list:
http://www.artisticrevolutions.com/AR_gallery_artboxes.html

Scroll down to the Story Box.
http://www.artisticrevolutions.com/AR_Gallery_ArtBox_SB_1.html
http://www.artisticrevolutions.com/AR_Gallery_ArtBox_SB_2.html

I think it would be a neat extension to make boxes to hold the book treasures.
Pages that have been removed from the original book could be used to
collage the outside of the box. Box can be made from corrugated
cardboard. I would suggest covering box with a layer wide masking tape
first so it doesn't warp when you collage it. I think I will make one
for my Tip In book. I will be offering more Tip In swaps over the
years... and adding more pages to my book. MyBook is all about your
stories.

The story box would be a neat project all in itself, too. Jan Hillmer
did Memory Boxes. She was lucky and got wooden cigar boxes donated.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/selfport.htm

Enjoy,

Judy Decker

--