[teacherartexchange] End of Year activity/elementary/middleschool

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 17:39:41 PDT

Hello! I've been looking online for an easy/no-mess last day activity to do with my 6th grade classes. I'm not going to be at school on the last day, so I'm having a sub. I found something online that I adapted for my 6th grade classes and I think some of you might enjoy it with your kids. We all know that last day the kids are going to be itching to get out of school and they need something entertaining to keep them busy.

End-of-the-Year Memory Picture

Can you believe the school year is almost over?

Today, you are going to make a memory picture of your school year!

Fold your paper so that you have 8 equal rectangles.

Follow the directions below to fill in 8 rectangles with school memories. You can draw them in any order. Use colored pencils, markers, gel pens, or crayons to color and decorate your page. If you have extra time, flip the page over and fill in the rest of the boxes. Take your time to make a beautiful, artistic memory picture.

1. In one box, write "2005" in a fancy way. Color and decorate them so they are artistic.

2. Choose one box and write your name in fancy or funky letters. Color and design the box.

3. Choose a box and draw your favorite school lunch.

4. Draw a picture of a teacher you like in a box.

5. Choose a box and draw a picture the funniest memory from this year.

6. Illustrate a scene from a good book that you read this year. Write the title of the book in the box by the picture.

7. Draw a picture in a box to represent your favorite school subject.

8. Draw a picture of your school building. Include the school name and write "Home of the Spartans."

9. Draw a picture of a school event that you enjoyed this year (field trip, assembly, special day).

10. Draw a picture of friends working together. Describe a time when you worked together with other people this year and had excellent results.

11. Write the word RESPECT, each letter a different color. Make a border of words and phrases that describes what respect means to you.

12. Draw school supplies that you used this year.

13. In a box, draw or write about something you learned in science class this year.

14. Draw a picture of an activity you enjoyed in gym class this year.

15. Create a design using only primary colors.

16. In one box, collect signatures from your classmates in art class.