RE:[teacherartexchange] Re: working with glass

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 17:12:03 PDT

At the end of each year I like to ask my 8th graders what they liked about
this year's art class and what they would like to see added or improved.
Most of my students are pretty upfront about what they liked and didn't like
about my program. I love their feedback because it helps me improve my
program and motivates me to try new things. One of the feedbacks that I've
gotten two years in a row but haven't acted on because I was unsure how to
introduce it is Stained Glass. I'm thinking of taking a stained glass class
this summer to learn how to do this BUT am worried there might be risks
involved such as cutting the glass, using the solder, working with lead,
etc. Has anyone on the list done Stained Glass with Middle School students?
  I've done faux stained glass with liquid stained glass on glass panes but
it's not the same as the real thing. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
Cathy
Honolulu, HI