RE:[teacherartexchange] Pencil Woes for Elementary (advice for new teachers)

---------

From: Darla Ninteman (breakfast_with_darla_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 10:18:58 PDT

I solved the never ending pencil problem this year with a discovery on Ebay.
I found several vendors selling giant bulk supplies of pencils that were
printed for ads and came out "imperfect" in some way. I bought THOUSANDS for
about $15!!!! The pencils are great too - nice erasers and good quality..not
like those cheapie pencils you can find at the dollar store. I highly
recommend checking ebay for bulk pencils!! Now my classroom is filled with a
massive supply of pencils with goofy things on them like "meet me at the
dairy queen" and I don't stress anymore about the children consuming my
pencils like they are candy.

Darla in Michigan

---