Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Elementary 5 point system works (class management)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 08:55:55 PDT

Thanks for posting this tip - 5 point system

I did this too - and kept track of points myself too - so that I could
give a special reward (usually a special project that only their class
could do).

My elementary classes got points for the following:

1 pt - coming in quietly and getting seated quickly for work - all eyes at me.
1 pt - listening to instructions and asking appropriate questions -
good discussion.
1 pt - working quietly and on task
1 pt - cleaning up on time (stopping when told to do so) - all helping
1 pt - lining up to leave - good review of concepts - all hands to self.

I asked review question (closure) as they lined up - gave each table a
question to answer. Tables that got cleaned up first and showed me
they were ready to leave lined up first.

Each class got a slip from me with their points to to give to their
teacher. All of the core teachers were on board.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
To unsubscribe go to