[teacherartexchange] Elementary 5 point system works (class management)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 08:55:55 PDT

Thanks for posting this tip - 5 point system

I did this too - and kept track of points myself too - so that I could
give a special reward (usually a special project that only their class
could do).

My elementary classes got points for the following:

1 pt - coming in quietly and getting seated quickly for work - all eyes at me.
1 pt - listening to instructions and asking appropriate questions -
good discussion.
1 pt - working quietly and on task
1 pt - cleaning up on time (stopping when told to do so) - all helping
1 pt - lining up to leave - good review of concepts - all hands to self.

I asked review question (closure) as they lined up - gave each table a
question to answer. Tables that got cleaned up first and showed me
they were ready to leave lined up first.

Each class got a slip from me with their points to to give to their
teacher. All of the core teachers were on board.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/