Re:[teacherartexchange] busy painting

---------

From: LarrySeiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 06:48:59 PDT

Speaking of keeping busy maintaining an active artist's lifestyle (which I
believe is a wellspring I most often draw from to keep kids challenged and
believing, AND places a stamp of emphasis on peers of academia finding it
more difficult to criticize the arts in our district)...

I have done very well after my first year of releasing my landscape painting
book. Writing a book is not an easy affair, but when one's emphasis in on
teaching, it is not easy getting together with a publisher, editor, funding
the project and so forth. Many of us have by necessity in the classroom and
keeping up with the times have developed savvy with Power Point, Adobe
Acrobat and so forth. I took advantage of that knowledge and self-produced
my own CD Rom book format of this book. I have been marketing it worldwide,
selling in Siberia, France, most recently Sweden...Australia...all over the
world.

The book has led to invitations to teach a number of workshops, several for
which right now as a teacher I cannot accept. Retired on the other hand,
I'll have the time...so in addition to painting I have that to look forward
to. I am teaching two workshops this year, one in August to teachers in a
small college environment, the other taking two personal days off school to
add to a weekend and in September will be in Whitefish, Montana teaching a
plein air painting workshop. So...if anyone is around NW Montana and
interested, let me know! hahaa...

I should say that I have used the sales of my book at this point to pay for
my ongoing masters in painting degree.

ITs good to have such vigorous goals, which have the capability to lift your
spirits and sights up and beyond the classroom for those days that might
otherwise be filled with drudgery. Never too late, as I said earlier...I am
50 years of age. Take care

Larry Seiler
My book on Landscape Painting-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org/newbook.htm

My artist website-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
My musical side-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org/music_page.htm

Visit my own artist's forum!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Signature member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air
Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm!"
Winston Churchill