[teacherartexchange] artcyclopedia.com--a source for digital images related to fine arts

---------

From: Ms M (x_artmaven_x_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 20:17:16 PDT

Hi, I'm relatively new to this idea of posting. Here goes.

My favorite source of digital images is www.artcyclopedia.com. It's where I start for all of my fine arts needs. I think it's better than all of the other sites combined. I especially like it because it's easy to find fine arts images AND information. My kids even use it for research projects in our High School art classes. Prior to finding this site, most of my kids preferred to take the zero rather than do any research. Now, EVERYONE does the research. Some of them have their parents hooked on it, too. Can you tell that I have a big smile on my face?

I can't be the only one on this exchange who's used this site. Yet, I haven't seen any mention of it from members. You guys know about this, right? If you have found any problems with Artcyclopedia, please let me know. I've been using it for about two or three (?) years and I've never had a problem. But, it can't hurt to ask.

~artmaven

wendy free <wendypaigefree@yahoo.com> wrote:
ugh! google and yahoo image have been blocked by our county office since you can access "dirty" pictures. i miss google image sooooo much! i would love to find a good alternative. so far i rely on corbis and mamma image search. i am going to protest and try to get some form of google image reinstated for next year, but until then, or if that doesn't work, i appreciate hearing about others. anyone else have a problem with google being blocked?

wendy free

Jenny Watlington <pritchard1@verizon.net> wrote:
This may be a silly question, but why would anyone use another web based source than Google's images. looking up hokusai in the NY Library provides a handful of black and whites, or has nothing on frank Stella, google lists 1800+.

Peter