[teacherartexchange] Mandalas for Sharing - How to save/print Mandalas from Interactive

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 08:18:53 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Jan posted the Mandalas Interactive the other day.

Girls Go Tech (Girl Scout site):
http://www.girlsgotech.org/world_around_us.html
Even has the math/social studies concepts for you to introduce.

To Play Mandala Maker, you will need Flash:
http://www.girlsgotech.org/mandala.asp

I am inviting all who wish to participate add a mandala of any kind to
the folders on the Yahoo list. We can call them Mandalas for Peace if
we want. You can use your mandala from the interactive if you wish -
or add any mandala image you created.

For PC users/Photoshop users (thanks to Kris Fontes for figuring this out)

1. Make your mandala with Interactive
2. Click Print Screen
3 Open Photoshop NEW file
4. Paste image
5. Crop out background -(crop to about 5" square)
6. Cut left over green tab in upper left corner with lasso tool
7. Save image for web (this will be best resolution for sharing).

To share your mandala with the lists - OR ANY mandala of your choosing.

Go to the Yahoo list web site
1. Click Photos on the left - then Mandala Album
2. Click add photo
3. Browse your machine to find your mandala (better label it with initials too)
4. Give your mandala a title - I called mine Judy Mandala (hmmm -
should have labeled Judy D Mandala - we have many Judy's)
5. Click Upload to list site.

Enjoy your mandala making.... this is a fun interactive that quickly
shows the kids what happens when the pie wedge they create is repeated
around the circle. It only takes a second to see what happens. For
Radial Design lesson - maybe have this as a back up for the kids that
just don't get it at first. Let them sit down at the machine and try
this.

Getty members who want to get in on the mandala sharing - just sign up
for ArtsEducators and I will approve you right away. Include Getty
list in your reason for joining. This will make an easy way for all to
share images and lesson plans since we can no longer send attachments.
I think it will be a nice way for the groups to work together. I also
post to Art Education list (I do not moderate that one though).

Enjoy,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department