Re:[teacherartexchange] Keeping Busy Painting

---------

From: LarrySeiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 06:24:09 PDT

> Retired or not, Art Teachers should keep busy painting or
> creating somehow. I started another painting in Old Town
> this morning. That means 4 paintings I need to finish
> before I go to Taos in two weeks.

> We had fun, we had success and we will live longer,
> happier lives because we are painting.
>
> Happy Painting, Woody

absolutely agree with that Woody...
I belong to several plein air associations...one we started more regionally
with about 30 members now, and one national/professional, and another
international. Its great fun to get together with other painters to paint
on some location outdoors. I have my galleries I do work for, shows coming
up...looking forward to Whitefish, Montana where I teach a plein air
workshop this coming September. For me...retirement (about eight years or
so) will simply release me to go back to single focused work on my painting.

I begin at age 50...on the sixth of June...my first week working on my
masters in painting in NW Wisconsin. Rather than stay on campus in the
dorms, I've opted to camp nearby where the highest water falls between here
and the Rockies can be experienced. Plan to get a lot of painting done from
a lot of beautiful areas to see.

Painting, maintaining my career...having written my book on painting has
helped me suffer or remain an untouchable where disappointments in teaching
seem to really have their effect on others. I see this on staff. When
one's whole hope in life seems dismal in light of how students may be, the
surrounding support culture, class management and so forth...I am so
thankful I have another life. I just recently bought new 15" speaker mains
and a mini gig rig, and having thus spent the money have sent a strong
message to myself that I will yet play a number of coffeehouse style gigs
and festivals throughout the year. So I keep busy musically as well. I
have a couple more books I am slowly working on...one called, "As If It
Matters"...which is a spiritual/mind treatise on a life making art...for
other artists to muse or contemplate, reflect.

Good to see you working Woody! Keep it up...

Larry Seiler
My book on Landscape Painting-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org/newbook.htm

My artist website-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
My musical side-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org/music_page.htm

Visit my own artist's forum!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Signature member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air
Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm!"
Winston Churchill