Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] armature for a concrete sculptue

From: micky (micky33_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 02:21:59 PDT

My students (4th graders) and I wish to construct a bench-sculpture for the
school yard. The main idea is to construct an armature from "junk" such as
old tires, plastic bottles filled with sand, and so on, put on chicken wire,
cover with concrete, sculpt and paint.

I've never worked with such armature before, yet know it has been done. I
would appreciate and advice, tips etc, such as: how to attach the chicken
wire to the tires/bottles, the nature of the concrete mixture, and any other
piece of knowledge and experience.

Thank you

Micky Brada

To unsubscribe go to