[teacherartexchange] Book Arts Exhibit at Getty - May 24September 11

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 09:27:28 PDT

Greetings Artist Book Enthusiasts - especially those near Getty,

The Artist Turns to the Book
May 24September 11
Learn more about this exhibition.
http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/artist_book/?newsletter040

From their Newsletter:

"UFOs, Soviet matchbooks, anti-consumerist puppetssee contemporary
artists explode the traditional book format in this exhibition at the
Getty Research Institute.

"The Research Institute has over 5,000 artists' books dating from the
mid-20th-century to the presentone of the largest collections of this
exciting modern art form in the country."

Join the curator for an exhibition tour on June 22, 24, and 29.

"Watch a book by Julie Chen and Barbara Tetenbaum unfold as you listen
to the music that inspired the artists."
http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/artist_book/staircase.html

This exhibition is located at the Getty Center, Research Institute
Exhibition Gallery.

(Copied text - copyright 2005 -Getty Trust)

I signed up to receive the monthly newsletter in April - just so I can
see what is going on at Getty. It is free - one email a month.

If any of you get to see this - report back to us so we can be envious.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/