[teacherartexchange] Linda Woods Stuffed Animals - Fiber Arts - post more

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 07:03:39 PDT

Hi Christine and all,

I too am interested in good fiber arts for elementary and up.
There REALLY needs to be a fiber arts ideas page. I have had requests
for them often. Over the years, I have surfed for links/resources for
folks - never to have the ideas/student work returned.

Here is the link to Linda Woods site:
http://www.sjs.org/stories/default.asp?L2=3&newsid=44754
Got to Lower School Gallery - third grade sewing project - animals
Lesson plan to come (sometime).... also watch for an article in School Arts.

If you find a site with good fiber arts for kids - please post. I will
contact the teacher for permission to publish image and descriptioin
of project.

One idea I have to add -- from quite some time ago - Are Native
American Medicine bags.... made from burlap and embroidered. I was
holding them for more ideas for Native American art - which never
came. ( I know - I sound like a "whiner" now --grin).

Those of you who want an EASY way to share images with everyone - sign
up for ArtsEducators and use the web site features. I am not just
sharing images through IAD right now.... as that Folder for Sharing
got HUGE.

Many share images with the list through Yahoo photo sharing. If you
want to try that, send me some images and I will figure out how to do
it again and will post step-by step. I do know that it works better
when you click to make album public.

Wendy Free shares with Yahoo.... and she could help you too.

Christine PLEASE do the stuffed fish! I can wait to add them to the
fish ideas pages. Kids could decide "What kind of fish am I?... or "If
I were a fish?"... or the Trophy Fish idea.... so many possibilities.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/