Re: [teacherartexchange] Ellen Sears Fabric Collage Portraits WOW !!!! Everyone, Please list other fiber arts you do with your students :)

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 05:16:18 PDT

Hi All,
It is just amazing how in sync this group is at times !!!
 I have tons of donated fabric that I want to start using at the start of
next year. (only 8.5 student days left for this year).
Ellen's fabric portraits are gorgeous. Right up the alley that I was
thinking !!!!
Great work Ellen, thanks for your continual sharing.

I have not done much fiber with my students, just weaving but next year look
out !!!
 In my brain now are big fabric fish. I do big paper fish at the end of 3rd
grade, but am disappointed with quality of the paper that we have been
getting. So fabric might be the solution.
Molas !!!!! (had a great workshop at NAEA Boston this year, inspirational)
Fabric strip weaving, or peg loom knitting. I bought a 48 inch peg loom this
spring that is calling my name !

My students are bugging me to start a Summer Art camp (for next year).they
get soooooo bored in the Summer months.
So this Summer I will be researching grant money for just that task !
Thanks for all of the sharing, this group is truly my lifeline when I get
down about changes at school ! Feeling a bit like

Hugs and thanks for inspiring , and reenergizing me !!!!!!
Christine Besack :)