Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] Source for Digital Images - Why?

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 20:53:25 PDT

Talk to your tech guy (or gal). I was blocked from abcteach for awhile, NEA, couldn't access state assessments, and for a brief while, our own school website of which I am the webmaster, or our school e-mail online. Yet, during this same time, my computer was accessed by our night custodian who printed 30 some odd pages of porn on my color printer, and students can play online Texas Holdum. The programs blocking sites are not foolproof, and need to be adjusted to fit a school's needs. I would type up a list of reasons of why you need these sites unblocked - how do you as a teacher benefit, and how do your students benefit.
  Why?

  I hate to say this too publicly, but I recently observed a computer graphics class at a high school where Google was blocked - the students showed me how to go to a European Google - which the school district did not know well enough to block - it is amazing what we can learn from our students!

  Leah