[teacherartexchange] AP Placements

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 04:28:43 PDT

Jude
Yes, what you say rings true in Ohio too. AP credit for drawing or
design is only given for a 5, if even then. That is for the top 5 art
schools we send out to.
Yet, based on recent research about how it helps students achieve more
in college by simply going through the rigorous AP process, I am just
now beginning an AP drawing program with my students. My goal is not
necessarily high scores but a rigorous process. I am also concerned
that our school hasn't enough AP or IB credits to be comparable with
other schools. So I hope the benefits eventually will be better college
portfolios and higher GPAs for better college entrance.
Just how it looks from here...
Beth