Re: [teacherartexchange] Webshots photographic images

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 18:57:12 PDT

Judy and list members,

The images on the Hamilton Museum are subject to the statement below
which was adapted from a Creative Commons statement and
http://www.pics4learning.com/ which is another good sourch for images:

The images in the Hamilton Museum of Art collection may be used to
provide copyright friendly images for use by students and teachers in
an educational setting. The original photographers of each image
retain the copyright to these images and have graciously allowed their
use in this collection. The images may not be sold as an image
collection or partial image collection. Images in the Hamilton Museum
of Art collection may be used by teachers and students in print,
multimedia, and video productions. These could include, but are not
limited to, school projects, contests, web pages, and fund raising
activities for the express purpose of improving student educational
opportunities

Judy, are you sure that photo-manipulation does not fall under Fair
use? If that is the case are students violating the law when they make
collages using images from magazines?

Harold