Re: [teacherartexchange] ceramic molds

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 12:09:11 PDT

I bought a couple of molds just to show the kids a whole part of the
ceramic industry. I have a motorcycle and flying pig and a Halloween
cat. The kids really like to try them--they're just around and can be
extra credit. The designs are quite sophisticated--no undercuts etc.
,plans to hook together separate pieces. I always challenge someone to
design one and we'll make our own mold. Not many try since I always
have required assignments. My special ed kids always like them. Sid

>>> joyousoccasion@att.net 05/25/2005 3:51:38 AM >>>
Does anyone have input on ceramic molds? I was just gifted with 20 or
so molds that someone didn't want to throw away. I am a hand builder
and have never used molds myself. Is it difficult to do with middle
school students? What are the ins and outs of using them? I work at a
small private school where I teach many things- not just art, so time is
sometimes a concern. any input would be greatly appreciated!
Joy in SC