Re: [teacherartexchange] Source for Digital Images - Why?

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 10:14:52 PDT

I find Google to be a little inconsistant, you often
have to go through pages before you find the image
you're looking for. My favorite website for finding
art images on the web is www.artchive.com, or if i'm
looking for public domain images for manipulation
purposes, www.webshots.com, which tends to have higher
resolution stuff than google.

david

--- Jenny Watlington <pritchard1@verizon.net> wrote:

> This may be a silly question, but why would anyone
> use another web based source than Google's images.
> looking up hokusai in the NY Library provides a
> handful of black and whites, or has nothing on frank
> Stella, google lists 1800+.
>
> Peter
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne