[teacherartexchange] Altered Book - Tip In Update - Reply off list

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 07:30:08 PDT

Greetings Altered Book Enthusiasts,

I am thrilled with the great interest there has been for this summer
"swap". I have "met" so many wonderful altered book artists as I
ventured into this plan. I will be finalizing details soon. Right now
there are enough respondents for three groups. One I am keeping to 15.
Due to the overwhelming response - and my summer commitments (which
are many), I will do pages myself for one group during the summer....
and will do my pages for the rest of the groups after school starts -
done throughout the year and I will mail them to you separately. I
think that is the most fair way I can do this. Warning.... I am not an
altered book "pro" - my pages may not be wonderful (grin). I am a
"newbie" too.

Today is the LAST day to reply to me with your interest. I need to get
the lists grouped. There will be members for all art ed lists
involved.... so there will be NO chats about this exchange on the list
serves.

Reply to me OFF list if you want to join in (address below)

Those of you who are already on board - answer some of these questions.

What size would you be most comfortable in doing?
Should we make it standard 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 (half a standard sheet) - and
then let folks trim it down to fit into smaller books? You provide
your own paper for everyone (could be blanks - or from a book)

Do you want a theme?
"Personal Identity"
"My World"
"A day in the life of an Art Teacher"
"Mind your Ps and Es"
Whatever you want......Suggest a theme

Do you want to set up a Yahoo list for all involved in the Swaps?
I'll set it up....but all will have to join.

Note on Round Robbin....We will try one NEXT summer again (with
smaller books) - connecting all three lists - but limited to the first
15 who respond. I did have several ask to do one....so I "caved".
I learned a lot about what not to do with this last one (chuckles).
I'll get out the whip and chains for the next one (LOL). No really, I
will be just a flexible... and hope all participants will be forgiving
and patient. Of course any of you are welcome to organize a RR for
this summer. Exciting things came from Getty list's first Round
Robbin.

Have any of you thought of doing a Tip In Swap between
students/between schools? I think that would be do-able. Mailing books
would be a nightmare - but sending a class set of pages sounds like it
should work.

This is my last list post now on this topic.... Sorry to post to
everyone - but this was the easiest way for me to reach all
participants quickly. Use any of my email addresses for your reply (I
have given you gmail below)

Judy Decker
judy.decker@gmail.com

--
Note to all... Please do not post questions directed to me to the list
serves. I find that frustrating. When I give you my email address,