[teacherartexchange] Congratulations Kathy Douglas! Distinguished Teacher Award

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 06:47:08 PDT

Greetings Teacher Art Exchange,
 Here is some new I just have to shout about...
 From Laurie Anderson on TAB Choice List:
 Kathy Douglas receives the Distinguished Teacher Award

At yesterday's Massart Comencement Ceremony I had the priviledge of
sharing the stage with Kathy Douglas. Sponsored by John Crowe, Kathy
graciously accepted the Distinguished Teacher Award. As John boasted of
Kathy's achievements I was so proud to have her as a personal mentor. It was
also a huge plug for TAB and our cause. Thank you Kathy and John for
making us look so good. Below are the wonderful words John shared with the
audience at commencement. Kathy, we are all proud of what you have done
to gain national recognition for our way of life. It was not the intention
of the
Massart administration to promote TAB, however every speech at
comencement yesterday had some reference that validated our philosophy. I
left refreshed and proud to be part of such an important movement.

"Katherine Douglas is an art education folk hero with a beautiful spirit and
limitless generosity. From her humble basement art room in East
Bridgewater, she has sparked a national discussion and debate. Kathy is a
founding mother of a professional association known as TAB, that is,
Teaching for Artistic Behavior. For 30 years or so, Kathy has inspired her
own 650 per year elementary students, one of whom is the current principal
of
the school, and another former student, Lisa de Lorenzo, is graduating from
Mass Art today. Kathy teaches, presents and organizes retreats for both new
and veteran teachers. She spends hours on line mentoring folks through a
number of TAB websites."
 More of John's words may be found on the TAB Choice web site.
 Kathy has been a member of Getty list for quite some time... she really
gets us thinking!
 This was posted Saturday May 21.... I will check my date to be sure.
 If you have good news - let us hear it! I will add Kathy's award to Art
News on Incredible Art Department.
 Regards,
 Judy Decker

--